Thursday, March 15, 2012

Activism Log

I think there needed to be some revisions on my Service Learning Project Proposal. As far as working in a group, our focus was dedicated to making the Basketball Tournament a success. However in regards to my individual participation, my ultimate goal was to be able to assist in the March 30th Workshop. However in order to hold the workshop we would need to be successful in the Basketball Tournament to help students get transportation to the UCF main campus and a safe return back to their schools. My rationale for this being that when I took Virtual Girls I had previously worked with another classmate to do a lesson on cyber-bullying and the response from the lesson really took us aback as to how prevalent these issues were in their lives. We as a group met several times on the 7th and the 9th of February to discuss our status on receiving donations and what contributions we made to the actual tournament. We spent 4 hours each those days planning which days to actually go out in the community and which businesses to contact for the fundraiser. Additionally the day of the fundraiser I spent 5 hours dedicated to obtaining food and tabling for the AAUW table to provide anyone information about the research YWLP is conducting and why it is need in our community. On Wednesday, March 7th I assisted with helping the middle school girls of Lawton Chiles come up with an itinerary for their lesson that they will teach at the March 30th workshop day which took a total of two hours (30 min for  brainstorming and then an hour and half to check with the coordinator and other facilitator to see what is feasible for the allotted time).

No comments:

Post a Comment